1) All participants in NBHA District 6 must be current members in good standing at the time of show.
2) All NBHA Rules will apply as set forth in NBHA Rulebook.
3) Horse and rider combination may not change draw positions under any circumstance.
4) No rider substitutions allowed.
5) If participant competes out of turn, he/she will be disqualified.
6) Electric timer must be used for all rides. Should the timer malfunction, a rerun will be granted immediately after the event is completed for the day, and after a drag, or at the discretion of the show manager.
7) Horse may only run once per class. Exception Rule 12 Section A in the NBHA Rule book.
8) The carryover rule may be used for the Youth and Senior Divisions.
9) NBHA Officials have the right to disqualify any uncontrolled horse which doesn't begin its performance within two minutes of the time rider has been called.
10) Any questions or disputes that may arise during the show will be settled by the District Director. His/her decision will be final.
11) Once a horse and rider combination crosses timeline your run begins.
12) Knocking over a barrel results in a no time.
13) There will be no reruns granted if a horse falls during competition run.
This page was last updated: March 22, 2021
NBHA FL 06
NEWS, RULES & INFORMATION
Per NBHA Headquarters we will no longer be able to accomodate anyone with early or late draws for work or other commitments. If we have any open holes in the draw prior to the show starting all draws will be moved up to fill in the slots.
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM NBHA HEADQUARTERS THAT QUALIFYING DISTRICT POINTS FOR OPEN/YOUTH AND SENIOR WORLD ARE NOW CALCULATED 5D 1/2 SECOND SPLIT
See below for the updated information from our State Director Linda Jones on how the Districts in Florida will handle the use of the 5D Format. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Sharon McDonnell @ email@example.com
1. All Florida Districts are required to keep 5D Points for World Show Qualifications ONLY.2. The bottom half of the 3D will become the 4D and the 4D will become the 5D.3. Florida District shows will continue to run and point on the 4D format for payout and District awards.5. The Florida State Show will be run on the 4D Format.
*** basically the best way to figure this out is......
if you place in the 4D money at a show then your points will be in the 5D
the horses that normally fall in the "cracks" between the 3D and 4D payout will be the ones that receive the 4D points
REMEMBER: If you are shown in the "points" in the 4D THEN YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AWARDS.
Effective January 1, 2015, individuals who wish to enter the World Championships or Youth World Championships using a wildcard that they did not personally win must have been an NBHA member in good standing for one (1) full year before the day the event begins.
(NOTE) This rule was scheduled to go into effect in 2014, but NBHA officials feel that the rule was not made public to the entire membership in a timely manner. Anyone using a wildcard that they did not personally win may enter the 2014 World Championships or 2014 Youth World Championships without restriction.
Qualification Period For The 2015 Florida State Show Starts NOW!!
JUNE 2014 – JUNE 2015
Competing in Three (3) NBHA Shows Within this Time Frame is Mandatory for Eligibility.
Don’t wait and miss qualifying!.
$35 Entry Fee
-$1 State Fee
-$9 Awards Fund
-$6 Host Fee
$19 Goes into payout
*Our members voted to pay $105 per show
to pay barrel setters, which comes out of
the awards fund.